Want our top 10 essential dessert recipes?
Get our favorite classic recipes in your inbox! It’s 100% free, but we might make you hungry!
Baked Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Balls
I’m a grazer.
There’s kind of a running joke about how many snacks I eat. And how many different snacks are in my purse at one time.
One time I found cooked bacon in my purse, but that’s another story.
These baked oatmeal chocolate chip peanut butter balls are my go-to snack.
I like to bake up a big batch, freeze them and use them throughout the week.
Chocolate and peanut butter are the ultimate combo, but if you wanted to make these a bit healthier you could substitute the chocolate chips for sunflower seeds or chopped pecans.
Then you could probably get away with eating these for breakfast :)
I think I’ll go put some in a ziploc bag and stick them in my purse
Hopefully I don’t find anymore bacon..
- 3/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, beat together the peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Mix in the vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, oats, salt and baking soda and mix.
- Add the milk and mix until a dough forms. Fold in the chocolate chips, and mix once more.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop some dough into your hand and roll into a ball. Use a little cooking spray to keep the dough from sticking to your hands.
- Continue making balls until all the dough is gone.
- Place on a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat and bake for 11-13 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Glitter Inc.