Technically (according to wikipedia, yes my great official source) Chex cereals coined the term “Muddy Buddies.” And I also learned that Puppy Chow/Muddy Buddies is a midwest thing – is that true?
Anyway, what do you call them?
- 6 cup rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups brownie mix, from the box
- Reese's Pieces (I used minis)
- Brownie pieces (make ahead of time and break into bites)
- Place cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a microwaveable bowl, melt the chocolate, peanut butter and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
- Pour the chocolatey mixture over the cereal and gently mix until covered.
- Dump the chocolate covered cereal into a large plastic bag (or large container with a lid)
- Add 1 and 1/2 cups of the brownie mix, seal and shake until coated.
- If it isn't coated enough with the brownie mix, add in the additional 1/2 cup and shake again.
- Pour into a large bowl and add the reese's pieces and brownie pieces, mix and enjoy.
Anyone else feel like they could bring this to their next halloween party? It would be spooktacular!
One year for Halloween Ryan and I went as Steve Irwin and a crocodile.