If you want to make something fun for Valentine’s Day but you don’t have a lot of time or you may think you’re not too skilled in the kitchen – these Red Velvet Oreo Bars are the perfect recipe to pick because they start with a box of red velvet cake mix.
In total this recipe has only FOUR ingredients! Sound doable?
This recipe is a dream for a food blogger! No 14 ingredients and 27 steps – it’s a welcomed break every once in a while.
Now what to choose for Valentine’s Day, these Red Velvet Oreo Bar OR these Mini Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecakes – I didn’t have to pick because I already made both :)
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 9 Oreos
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray or like with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, butter and eggs together until combined, the batter will be thick.
- Crush 7 Oreos with your fingers (larger pieces are fine) and mix those into the batter.
- Scoop the batter into the 9x13 inch pan, and even it out.
- Add the last 2 Oreos on top, again crushing with fingers and slightly pressing into the batter.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes.