Salad season just got a whole lot tastier.
I suppose now that its warmer, I should swap our favorite dish of mashed potato supreme for something lighter.
This quinoa and bell pepper salad with rosemary is perfect. I don’t have to turn on my oven and from start to finish it takes under 30 minutes.
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa to equal 2 & 1/3 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 bell peppers, your choice of color, diced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can corn, drained
- 4 green onions, diced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried coriander
- Cook the quinoa as directed on the package, until all the water is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy. Quinoa triples after its cooked, so 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa will yield about 2 & 1/3 cups cooked quinoa.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, put it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Diced the peppers and green onions. Drain the corn.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, peppers, corn, green onions, lemon juice, honey, oil, vinegar, rosemary and coriander. The salad can be served cold or warm.
Grill up some chicken and you just created a great summer dinner.
If you’re looking for dessert, I highly suggest our recipe for Banana Pecan Chocolate Chunk Hot Fudge Ice Cream. No churning and no ice cream maker required!