Pumpkin French Toast
Ever since I posted our copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Pound Cake recipe (click to see it!), I’ve been a little pumpkin crazy.
I’ve made that pumpkin pound cake 3 times now. And 1 time in muffin form with chocolate chips. Then I made pumpkin dump cake and pumpkin pie bars, and now pumpkin french toast.
I was that crazy lady who walked out of the grocery store with 10 cans of pumpkin. And some candy corn :-)
The recipes for Pumpkin Dump Cake and Pumpkin Pie Bars will be up soon, but today it’s all about the pumpkin french toast.
Oh my goodness, I think I just drooled on my computer.
The smell of this french toast will get you out of bed faster than any alarm clock. It’s been tested and proven by Ryan who sleeps like a rock but mysteriously becomes conscious when I whip this up in the morning.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 8-9 slices of bread
- butter or cooking spray
- Mix the eggs, milk, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar in a low flat bowl for easy dipping.
- Melt butter or spray skillet pan with cooking spray, heat over medium heat.
- Evenly soak once piece of bread at a time in the french toast mixture, flipping to cover both sides.
- Cook in the skillet until lightly golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add more butter or spray the skillet again before cooking the next piece.
- Repeat until the french toast mixture is gone, this will make about 8-9 pieces of french toast.
Stock up on pumpkin because we have more fall recipes coming!