There’s something about winter that brings out our favorite dishes. Maybe it’s because we all love something warm and filling to eat when it’s freezing outside, like today, -33 with windchill!
This recipe for Mashed Potato Supreme is well, supreme! It’s a great side dish and we love pairing it with baked ham.
And I am realizing my readers, like my husband, love cheesy dishes. This one calls for cream cheese (ha, not really a cheese!), parmesan cheese, and cheddar cheese. And my favorite part – the peppers!
- 3 pounds of red potatoes, cubed (skin on or off, your choice)
- 6 oz cream cheese, let sit at room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk or half and half
- 1-2 peppers of your choice, diced
- 1/3 cup green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash and cube potatoes and place in a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Boil for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain.
- Mash the potatoes and add the cream cheese, butter, and milk/half and half, beat until blended. Stir in the peppers, green onion, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish and transfer the mashed potatoes to the dish.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake for 20-25 minutes or until it's heated through.
Mashed Potato Supreme is one of our favorite winter dishes along with Mostaccioli Bake, get that recipe here.