Almond Joy Pie
I decided to keep this pie recipe ridiculously simple. No baking, no pie crust, no lattice to weave. If you can press, pour and chop, I know you can recreate this in your kitchen!
Do you ever have enough chocolate pies in your life? My answer is no! No bake pies make for great summer desserts, and they also make for really good birthday ‘cakes’. Since I have a summer birthday, I always want ice cream or something frozen!
Let’s take a look at the layers..
Oreo crust: one whole package of oreos blended into crumbs, YUM.
Coconut cream cheese filling: cream cheese, powdered sugar for sweetness, cool whip, shredded coconut and almond joy coffee cream to add more coconut flavor.
Chocolate ganache: chocolate chips and heavy cream. You can always make less chocolate ganache if you don’t want that layer to be so thick.
The toppings: shredded coconut, sliced almonds and almond joy pieces.
I used International Delight almond joy creamer in this recipe to add sweetness and a nice coconut flavor. I love International Delight because it’s super versatile and you can use it in a lot of recipes, in addition to in your coffee! See all of our International Delight recipes.
A few recipe notes:
-Be sure to press the oreo crumbs into the pie pan firmly. I like to use the bottom of a cup to help with this.
-Once you have the oreo crust in the pan, place it in the freezer while you make the filling. Similarly, once you smooth the filling into the pan, place it in the freezer to harden while you make the chocolate ganache.
-Allow the chocolate ganache to cool to room temperature before spreading it on top of the pie.
-You can eat this pie frozen or slightly thawed.
Visit International Delight to sign up to receive new offers, recipes and delightful surprises in your email all year long.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
Almond Joy Pie
Yield: one 9 or 10 inch pie
Total Time: 4 hours
No bake almond joy pie with an oreo crust, creamy coconut filling, chocolate ganache and topped with all the components of an Almond Joy candy bar!
- 1 package oreos (regular size 14.3 oz)
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- two, 8 oz, packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup International Delight Almond Joy creamer
- 1 container cool whip (8 oz), thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 & 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Almond joys, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- Process the oreos in a food processor until fine crumbs remain. In a large bowl, combine the crushed oreos with the melted butter. Press this mixture evenly into a 10 inch pie pan. Place in freezer until ready to use.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until well blended. Add the powdered sugar and almond joy creamer.
- Mix in the cool whip and and shredded coconut, stir with a spatula until mixed. Spread this mixture on the crust and place in the freezer.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium heat-proof bowl.
- In a small pot over low heat, heat the heavy cream until just boiling.
- Pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips. Allow the mixture to stand for 1-2 minutes.
- Use a spatula to stir the mixture until smooth.
- Allow the ganache to come to room temperature before adding it to the pie, then spread evenly over the pie.
- Immediately add Almond Joy pieces around the edge of the pie, placing them as close or as far apart as you want. Then add the sliced almonds and shredded coconut.
- Cover the pie with tinfoil and return to the freezer for 2-4 hours. Before serving, remove the pie from the freezer and let it sit for a few minutes to make cutting it easier. Cover and freeze any leftovers.